Thursday, August 16, 2012

Duffy's Spring-ish Voyage part 7

Sauder Village is quite large...my brother looked at the map and thought we all (including his baby) could easily get through everything by 5 PM, even though it was close to noon when we finally got in. There are 40 (!) stops on the map.

If it were completely up to me, I think I would've started nearer to the end, since last time I'd visited, we missed a lot of the things at the end. But it was my brother and his wife's first time (also the baby's)...so we started with point 1.

1. Erie's Farm Shop! This is where Erie Sauder first started tinkering with woodworking.


I shyly asked the guide for a photo with the bears. I believe he's the only one I asked. As fun as tiny bears are, my brother and his wife's tiny human was a much better conversation piece.


2. Sauder Cabinet Shop. The guide showed us a few human-powered tools, which were amazing.






No comments:

Post a Comment