Thursday, April 18, 2013

Duffy's Spring-ish Voyage - Part 23

So what's the next destination on Duffy's Spring-ish Voyage?



Yes, a giant old cargo ship! The James M. Schoonmaker, which is a lake freighter, circa Titanic-era (in fact, it was celebrating 100 years in 2012). I wrote a lot more (and put up several bear-less pics) at another blog of mine but Tiny Duffy and I will also be going through the rooms in detail together!

That is one steep gangplank, by the way!  (Yes, I am scared of heights.)

The ship was still in the process of being restored and frankly kind of creepy, which made it kind of awesome.



Little exhibits.



Most museums have ropes and stuff to keep you off of or out of certain spaces. Not so much this one (at least not in 2012).

"I do not think this bed is the right size for me," said Tiny Duffy.



The view was...interesting.





Well, at one point this was a bathroom...



The old signage was really neat.



"Hello?"



If I recall correctly, this bathroom was functional. Or at least they said it was, and the toilet paper would attest to that. I was not feeling gutsy, so I can't tell you for sure...





No comments:

Post a Comment